TITLE OF POSITION: Manufacturing Engineer I
REPORTS TO: VP/General Manager
This is a hands-on position intended to support NASCENTechnology’s production ramp-up efforts on ferrite based low-temperature co-fired ceramic (LTCC) magnetic components and wire-wound components such as transformers and inductors. Apply sound engineering principles to develop and improve processes used to manufacture production parts.
- Oversee, control and improve processes used in ceramic transformer and inductor manufacturing such as via punching, via filling, thick film printing, lamination, cutting, firing, and final testing.
- Oversee, control and improve processes used in wire-wound transformer and inductor manufacturing such as coil winding, core assembly, potting, and final testing.
- Perform preventative and emergency maintenance on assigned machinery.
- Control class 10,000 cleanroom environment, including Hepa filtration system, temperature, humidity, ventilation, and electrical power.
- Implement manufacturing systems improvements in conjunction with Production Supervision.
- Develop production testing programs in conjunction with LTCC Design Engineering.
- Research, specify, install and plan maintenance on new equipment.
- Train operators on new equipment, once installed.
- Oversee process consistency to insure process is being controlled as intended.
- Other manufacturing support duties as assigned.
Due to requirements of U.S. Export Control Law under ITAR (22 CFR 120-130), only U.S. Persons will be considered for this position.
A U.S. Person is defined as:
· A permanent resident (w/ a valid green card), who does not work for a foreign company.
B.S. in Manufacturing Engineering Technology, Manufacturing Engineering or Mechanical Engineering.
Will train the right candidate but some relevant manufacturing production work experience through an internship, co-op position or professional experience is a big plus. Good teamwork and organizational ability is a must. Important skills include mechanical and electrical aptitude, statistical process control methods and a hands-on approach to equipment and the human aspect of processes is very important. Desirable skills include knowledge of or interest in thick film technologies. Software proficiency in MS Office programs and Access database is very useful.