Magnetic Component Design Engineer
TITLE OF POSITION: Magnetic Component Design Engineer
REPORTS TO: VP/General Manager
Plans, designs and develops products in projects assigned. Prepares or directs preparation of specifications and drawings. Defines tests to be conducted and evaluates test results. Recommends or develops design changes. Interfaces with customers as required to support assigned products and projects.
- Form effective working relationships with customers and internal resources.
- Communicate effectively and accurately (written, verbal, and graphically) as needed.
- Work independently to define and complete multiple assigned tasks and small projects.
- Develop transformer and inductor designs using either wire-wound or LTCC construction technologies to meet customer needs and manufacturability requirements.
- Assist in planning and implementing larger projects.
- Stay current with and follow U.S. Export Regulations such as International Traffic and Arms Regulations (ITAR) and other industry standards as required by project and product assignments.
- Provide technical support to customers and NASCENTechnology sales and marketing efforts.
- Evaluates samples of new designs and creates preliminary specification drawings.
- Responsible for cost effective materials and labor costs of new designs.
- Develop and use design software such as Ansoft, PSpice, and Matlab to improve design and customer support efficiency.
- Develop technical documentation in the form of technical bulletins and application drawings for products.
- Travel as necessary.
- Mentoring and training of less experienced engineers and technicians, as needed.
Due to requirements of U.S. Export Control Law under ITAR (22 CFR 120-130), only U.S. Persons will be considered for this position.
A U.S. Person is defined as:
· A permanent resident (w/ a valid green card), who does not work for a foreign company.
B.S. in Electrical Engineering as a minimum.
Some educational or job experience with hybrid microelectronics, low temperature co-fired ceramics, or magnetic components (wire-wound or multilayer). Record of accomplishment and analytical problem solving ability. Able to work independently on routine assignments, after training. Able to communicate effectively on technical topics. Software proficiency in Excel (MS Office Package), Pspice and Matlab; Ansoft a plus.