Reliability Testing Overview
NASCENTechnology Transformers embeds coil windings within a multi-layer hermetically sealed core that is sintered into one unit. This prosses eliminates plastic bobbins with fragile rails, fine magnetic wire and brittle cores. The LTCC prosses produces a product that is lighter, smaller and shock resistant. NASCENTechnology transformers are reliable, solid and resistant to extreme shock and vibration.
NASCENTechnology Reliability Testing
Contract Reliability Testing:
NASCENTechnology can contract with you for reliability testing on your current products. Our engineers develop test routines for specific end users in relevant environments for all designs. Tests are done using a combination of on-site equipment and our network of reliability testing partners. Our partners provide us with a rapid turnaround on testing using their specialized machines and capabilities.
Standard Product Application Based Reliability Testing:
Our staff is familiar with the reliability requirements, standards, and end-use applications of LTCC products within the high reliability markets we serve. Did you know there are often subtle differences from one application to another even within the same market? Our engineers can help you to assess a product’s performance within your application by providing on-hand reliability test reports.
Custom Product Reliability Testing:
If we design a custom product for you, your reliability requirements will be part of the conversation resulting in a true design for reliability consideration. Following that, we will perform the critical reliability testing for you or we can provide the product for your internal proprietary reliability testing purpose.
- Thermal Shock: IAW MIL-STD-202, Test Method 107
- Resistance to Soldering Heat: IAW MIL-STD-202, Test Method 210
- Dielectric Withstand Voltage: IAW MIL-STD-202, Test Method 301
- Insulation Resistance: IAW MIL-STD-202, Test Method 302
- Temperature Rise: IAW MIL-PRF-21038 Paragraph 4.7.17
- Life Test: MIL-STD-21038F Section 4.7.9
- Vibration: IAW MIL-STD-202, Method 204
- Mechanical Shock: IAW MIL-STD-202, Method 213
- Moisture Resistance: IAW MIL-STD-202, Method 106
- Solderability: IAW MIL-STD- 202, Test Method 208, Category 3, Test B
- Resistance to Solvents: IAW MIL-STD-202, Test Method 215
- Terminal Strength: IAW MIL-PRF-55342, Paragraph 18.104.22.168
- Fungus: IAW MIL-STD-810, Test Method 508
- Lead Integrity: MIL-STD-883H, M2004.6, Condition D
- Solder Thermal Cycling: N(test, 50%) per accelerated test guideline IPC-SM-785
- Humidity: MIL-STD-202G, Method 103B
Note: The above is simply a selection of commonly selected Reliability Tests regularly performed on new LTCC transformer designs. Customers with specialized applications and difficult environments often consult with us to determine the appropriate suite of tests to verify reliability in their specific end use. Additionally, some customers specify tests to be performed as part of a Lot Acceptance Test routine as part of an “up-screening” process to be done on Commercial Off-the-Shelf parts.